Temp uninstall of FD-ISR and now this....

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by dja2k, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I removed FD-ISR temp for an image without that software, but now I can't install it. When it tries to run the stuff in the DOS environment, something gets errors and installation doesn't resume. Anyone seen this and can I fix it or not?

dja2k

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi dja2k

Have you checked to see if everything was removed. If for some reason it wasn't you may have to do it manually.

Pete

3. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Well this is what happened, I lost the MBR two days ago. I couldn't boot to windows and had no FDISR boot screen either. I used Paragon to restore the image I had, but now I have that problem when I uninstall FD ISR. After installing Rollback to test, I got the same thing after reboot, no MBR, keeps searching. I think the MBR got screwed up and doesn't allow writing of some sort to it.

I formated the C drive which is located before D on my Raid 0 setup. Then remounted the same image I had, did the same, uninstalled FD ISR, tried to install it again, and can't. Maybe I have to delete my whole partition with C and D and do them manually again, then remount the image.

dja2k

4. Peter2150

Assuming you imaged when the system was healthy Paragon should restore a healthy MBR. You say mounted the image. Do you mean restore??
    Also I know when I do a restore with SP, first thing I do is what SP calls deleting the volume, which is the same as deleting the partition.

5. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I don't know if I am right, but I think when I delete FD-ISR something gets screwed up in the MBR or in the partition. I did do a delete partition and format but after I restore the image, then go with the uninstallation of FD-ISR, then when I want to add it back, I get the error. After I uninstall FD-ISR, I can't add either Rollback nor anything that boots first, like Acronis Secure Zone for example..

dja2k

6. Peter2150

Have you tried a) using the restore floppy you made when you installed FDISR, and/or b) using fix/mbr on the recovery console.

7. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

No haven't tried it but if it fails, then I am just going to have to break up the raid and repartition it again. Then import the image.

dja2k

8. Peter2150

I wouldn't think you'd need to break up the raid. Even when I really screwed up my disk, once I figured out Bootitng could fix it, it did raid and all.

9. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Thanks Pete for the replies, I got FDISR to install again. I deleted any files left over and tried it again, it failed first time, but then I did it again and it actually installed again. Then I installed Rollback and it installed fine.

dja2k

10. Peter2150

Excellent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.