Technology Conferences, Expos, and Conventions

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by CyberTechChris, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyberTechChris

CyberTechChris Registered Member

Hello everyone!

I'm currently in the Information Security option of my college and we have a club dedicated to anything and everything Tech. I'm trying to find any conventions, expos, or conferences (preferably related to security :D) that I can submit to our school officials for funding a trip. We are looking for something close to Washington State or it's surrounding states. The closer it is the more people we can bring with us.

The events have to be related to the technology field or even just plain ol' geekiness.

This is a big event looked forward to by members of our club who normally can't afford to go to an events like this for networking or learning opportunities. Any information I can get a hold of would be most appreciated!

2. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

The international Virus Bulletin 2014 is being held in Seattle, Washington later this year (end of September). In the past, they have partnered up with schools to provide staffing help, so you might want to reach out to them.

CanSecWest 2014 takes place next month in nearby Vancouver, BC.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

4. CyberTechChris

CyberTechChris Registered Member

Awesome!

Thank you so much help! I'm starting to get really excited about this years event :cool:. I took Aryeh Goretsky's advice and contacted as many as I could. Those that have responded seem to be willing to work with us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.