technical documentation ?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by gkweb, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Hello,

I would like to know if there is any document or technical documentation about Ewido ? I wasn't able to find any on the official website.
    I am particurarely interested by the guard, especially it's feature "Generic crypter detection through emulation" and it's new heuristic (v4.0).

Usually, security products have some PDF papers of detailed documentation/help, did I miss anything ?

Thanks you in advance :)

Regards,
    gkweb.

2. berng

berng Registered Member

3. comma dor dash

comma dor dash Registered Member

I will release a small article on pre-decompression delays and very basic anti-emulation techniques (like waiting loops). Such article is almost finished and maybe I can release a preview today.

The idea is to figure out whether a pre-decryption delay will confuse on-access memory scanners and/or generic unpacking engines.

What I can already say is (i) it can be extremely easy to outfox an emulation and/or an on-access memory scanner, (ii) certain scanners but (apparently) not Ewido compensate this with the help of clever heuristics, (iii) Ewido's on-access memory scanner has been significantly improved so that it cannot be easily outfoxed by decompression delays anymore.

Last edited: May 1, 2006
  4. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Thank you for the information, I'm waiting your paper on this subject, seems highly interesting :)

About the help file available at the final v4.0 release, I thought it would have already some documentation about the current 3.5 (not installed on my system, so no help file to check).

Regards,
    gkweb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.