technical documentation ?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by gkweb, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Hello,

I would like to know if there is any document or technical documentation about Ewido ? I wasn't able to find any on the official website.
    I am particurarely interested by the guard, especially it's feature "Generic crypter detection through emulation" and it's new heuristic (v4.0).

Usually, security products have some PDF papers of detailed documentation/help, did I miss anything ?

Thanks you in advance :)

Regards,
    gkweb.

2. berng

berng Registered Member

3. comma dor dash

comma dor dash Registered Member

I will release a small article on pre-decompression delays and very basic anti-emulation techniques (like waiting loops). Such article is almost finished and maybe I can release a preview today.

The idea is to figure out whether a pre-decryption delay will confuse on-access memory scanners and/or generic unpacking engines.

What I can already say is (i) it can be extremely easy to outfox an emulation and/or an on-access memory scanner, (ii) certain scanners but (apparently) not Ewido compensate this with the help of clever heuristics, (iii) Ewido's on-access memory scanner has been significantly improved so that it cannot be easily outfoxed by decompression delays anymore.

Last edited: May 1, 2006
  4. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Thank you for the information, I'm waiting your paper on this subject, seems highly interesting :)

About the help file available at the final v4.0 release, I thought it would have already some documentation about the current 3.5 (not installed on my system, so no help file to check).

Regards,
    gkweb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.