Technical Advice

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by tomdy2k, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomdy2k

tomdy2k Registered Member

Was trying direct pass but didn't work on my 2 banking sites....Called trend micro who said i have a 87% file corruption due to a trojan and someone that is trying to access my info, and it will cost me 99 bucks for a one time fix..

now what?

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  2. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Scan & Clean with one or more of the following:

1. Hitman Pro (Requires Internet Access at the time of scan to work properly.)

2. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Requires Internet Access to be updated.)

3. A "Live" Antivirus Rescue CD, such as: 1. Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10, 2. Dr.Web LiveCD, etc.

The BEST "Fix" for your problem would be to restore a Image of the Windows System Partition which you feel is Malware free.

3. tomdy2k

I called Trend Micro again ..they ran super anti spyware and found two pup's but they say only they can remove it..duh?:rolleyes:

4. TheKid7

I think that one of the "Live" Antivirus Rescue CD's stand a good chance at cleaning the Malware. Also, Hitman Pro stands a good chance at cleaning the Malware. Have your tried Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

5. tomdy2k

Malware bites says I.m clean!!

6. TheKid7

7. SweX

SweX Registered Member

8. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

Reformat and reinstall.
    Probably the answer most users don't want to read but imo it's no use doing banking on a once compromised machine (if you're not up to task/able to remove any malware trace yourself).
    Don't frolic around with numerous online scanners, boot-cds, av fast scans, deep scans and what not, scanning for hours/days.
    And don't pay 99$ for a 'SAS fix', that's just :rolleyes: .
    Just as an example, TrendMicro might remove the actual malware but not every single trace. If you'd then try another AV, it could find/'trip over' such a trace and you'll be warned of a possible banking malware infection and you're back at spending time finding a solution for a new problem.

Go for 100% secure, reformat/remove your current windows partition (and Win7 boot partition) and reinstall. And perhaps reconsider your current security setup.

9. fax

fax Registered Member

Updates? Or you abandoned this thread?

10. fax

fax Registered Member

Definitively abandoned.... why users asks for help get feedback and never take care to report back? Not nice… :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.