Tech support we actually like

Discussion in 'polls' started by Acadia, Jul 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Ok, with all the slam dunking that many of us, myself very much included, do to software companies that have done us wrong, or at least we believe have done us wrong, how about a thread devoted to those outfits that break the norm and actually do things right (yes, a few will always disagree).

My two accolades: 1. Boclean. Kevin et al don’t even need much explaining in this group, their reputation of fine tech support speaks for itself. 2. Raxco, makers of a program that some of you may use, (I do not) PerfectDisk, and my newest favorite program, FD-ISR which replaces my former favorite, GoBack. Greg of Raxco is much like Kevin of Boclean, he apologizes if his response takes more than 24 hours.

Honorable mention: DiamondCS. The only reason this company gets "only" an honorable mention is because I don’t even have any of their products, but I constantly see their people jumping into threads and lending a helping hand, how refreshing.

How about ya'll, what are your favorite companies for tech support? :)

Acadia

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

http://www.avm.de/en/index.php3

The supplier of my hard-/software for connecting to the Internet.
    Always a prompt and personel answer to my questions. Please dont think I had that many questions, everything is working smoothly :)

I had one question regarding Ewido and they also gave me prompt answer.

And of course the official representatives here at Wilders.

Cheers,

Gerard

3. Justhelping

Justhelping Guest

I don't think it's suprising that niche products like Boclean, TDS has good tech support. Their user base is small after all.

4. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

My favourite tech support is my computer OEM, Packard Bell.
    A few days back, I rang up tech support to ask for a OEM upgrade to Windows XP Pro. Guess what, the tech support agent said: I'm sorry, we don't have Windows XP Pro. We only have XP home.

That's a very special OEM indeed. :rolleyes:

5. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Aside from my ISP (which was covered in another thread here), the best support I ever got was from Aztech.

Way back in my 386/40 days, I decided to add their "multimedia kit" (CD drive plus sound card plus assorted demo games and other software) to my system. This was back before CD drives were included in a standard system.

Installation seemed to go OK, but the system wouldn't recognize the new drive. (This was under DOS 6.2 and Win 3.1, and P-n-P was practically unheard of.) I took it back to the dealer, but they had no luck with it either.

So I snail-mailed Aztech, and was quite surprised to get a phone call from them about a week later. The gentleman who phoned me was certain it was a bad interface cable -- and when I passed that info on to the dealer and he replaced it, bingo! He said he might have found it eventually, after a week or so of testing, but it wouldn't have been his first guess.

So (back then, anyway) I swore that, if they were still available, Aztech would be my first choice for replacement parts and components. That kind of service is definitely a major factor in keeping happy and loyal customers. :)

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

My vote for best tech support(any support) in the hardware department goes to Velocity Micro. Bought one of their computers a year ago and love it.

While I was making the purchasing decision, I called three times and had no wait time. Got excellent info.

Since then I have had four occasions to call with some very technical type questions. I have always gotten accurate answers, and my total time on the phone(for all 4 calls) was less then 15 minutes. Again no wait time to talk to someone.

Pete

7. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

No.1 tech support pioneer internet
    No.2 tech support hewlitt packard
    Honorable mention Linksys

both of these companies have given me excellent support when I needed it. Linksys gets honorable mention because I had to call them twice to clarify a solution, but they were outstanding also.

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I'll vote for Raxco also. Very nice people. And, a good product, Perfectdisk.

9. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

Not exactly hard- or software, but I've found both of my ISPs' (yes, I'm using two - VerizonDSL and Mailaka) tech support personnel to be prompt, competent and generally willing to bend over backwards to provide me with answers and solutions that work.

10. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Thank you, Peter2150, very interesting. I am comtemplating a VelocityMicro pc for my wife, if I can find a VM case small enough to fit into our workstation.

Acadia

11. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I bought the big VX case. Very very pleased with the machine. Wish you could see how they put them together compared to pictures of the insides of some well know brands. What they say on their website is what they do. They do have a smaller case.

12. dog

dog Guest

You all missed the Best!

Hands Down it's ... 1-800-Wilders ... Wilders' Security Forums ;)

Fast, Friendly, Knowledgable and Reliable ... your one stop tech support! ;) :D *puppy* :ninja:

13. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Oh yeah, wilders is the BEST tech support.
    Just call 1800- Wilders- Security- Forums for FREE and the BEST tech support in town! ;):D

14. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Hi
    i think wilders security forum--LexMark and verizon and im sure there are others ive forgotten at the moment and yeah microsoft most of the time

rita

15. Taz71498

Taz71498 Registered Member

LinkSys has been very good to me. The one thing I like is there help has not seemed to stop even though I have had the router 2 years. Some company's only offer support the first year and then charge you after that. (like Toshiba)

16. Valkyri001

Valkyri001 Registered Member

:) I would really have to say, EV1.net, back when we were still on dial-up. 24/7 365 I never had a problem calling them and getting LIVE help. A big thumbs up for Lynksis also. I tend to believe that LIVE help is always easier for me as I'm not real savvy with the lingo help folks sometimes use. Canned speeches are great but often times I don't really know what the question is I'm trying to ask.
    Guess thats why I like it here so much, a very small planet we live on, the Livelyness of the people. That is a word I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.