Teatimer vs. Regprot

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Zazzal, Jul 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zazzal

Zazzal Guest

Hi

Is Regprot basically the same as Teatimer (in Spybot)? Or are there major differences? Which is better? Thanks.

2. Pigman

Pigman Registered Member

Well, I'd think Regprot is better. But TeaTimer seems to do other things - it apparently acts as a sort of on-access spyware scanner, blocking known spyware when it is executed. (I know this because it has given me a few false alarms.)

3. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

TeaTimer does have a number of advantages over RegProt; not only does it guard the Run/RunServices/RunOnce Registry keys, it also guards a large number of browser page and toolbar related regkeys, and warns you when BHOs and Downloaded Program Files are installed, allowing you to block them.

It therefore throws in a number of Spywareguard and BHODemon features as well!

It doesn't warn you when items are added to the Startup folder, but then again RegProt doesn't either.
    RegProt will warn you when the default Shell open commands for exefiles and others are altered.

In all, although RegProt is a fine little application, I like the added features that TeaTimer brings, and I'm now using it instead of RP.

Just my two cts....

4. Zazzal

Zazzal Guest

Thanks for that answer TonyKlein, it was very helpful.

5. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

My pleasure! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.