Teamviewer - dangers of allowing remote access

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by The Count, Nov 23, 2016.

1. The Count

The Count Registered Member

Teamviewer should have it so you can opt out of that.

2. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/help/335-Are-the-QuickSupport-QS-and-QuickJoin-QJ-modules-secure
    Panagiotis

3. The Count

I created standard user account, a Guest; but some crucial programs are missing, programs that I had downloaded in the past; like my VPN client, Tor, SBIE, even Teamviewer installer etc. I didn't see them under Program Files or under Search.
    I know -"go reinstall them under standard user account" - however I'm curious why this is the case.
    What do I need to tweak to get these programs to appear in the standard user account?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  4. The Count

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  5. The Count

Zemana deleted the homepage on Firefox (FF) - not sure why it did that, and two other things, one was related to my vpn; but vpn client is working - anyway, thought I would mention it.

6. wat0114

wat0114 Registered Member

Why not just put anything you don't want others to see on an encrypted drive or partition? Keep all exposed data as boring and uninteresting to others as possible.

7. pandlouk

Some installers ask you if you want to install the application for all users or for the current user only. Probably during the installation of those apps you selected "install for current user only".
    The apps that will be displayed/installed in all accounts have their shortcuts created in the directories:
    "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\"
    and for Desktop shortcuts in
    "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\"

Panagiotis

8. pandlouk

Quicksupport is only for the client part (the user with quicksupport cannot initiate a connection). They'll need either standard teamviewer or "teamviewer quickjoin".

Panagiotis

9. The Count

What steps are involved in getting them to "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\" ?

10. pandlouk

In your main user/account go to
    "C:\Users\[your account name]\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\"
    and cut paste to "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\" tha apps or their folders that you want to appear in all users

Panagiotis

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.