TDS3 Scan Hangs

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by WilliamP, Jan 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Today doing a scan on my C drive, when it got to C:\System Volume Information\restore (31414675-6cbe-4639-8f67-8c2e-395d) it just hung. I finally stopped the scan. I'm having ,I think the same problem with NOD32 scan. It will get about 3/4 thru and hang. Ijust recently reloaded Windows XP . Do you think that could be the problem? What can I do? Thank you for the help.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi William, as it is in the restore part i'm puzzled, if it would be in some other part with for instance a corrupt rar-file i would understand and advice to locate that and put it in another place to test if that is the culpit.
    I just don't know this moment, hope for more helpful opinions.
    Is it a big risk for you to disable system restore, reboot, enable system restore again (by which the older restore points are all deleted at once) and make a new restorepoint manually, try to scan again?
    Is your HD extremely large or are there other specific things to know?

3. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I deleted my old restore points last night. Today the scan worked fine.

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

That's great! please don't forget to make manually a new restore point so you can go back to this clean situation in case you have to!

Extra karmacookie for all your trouble!

5. Arctic

Arctic Guest

I also thought my TDS-3 was hanging on scan but it was not. I did a deep scan and it took about 1 hour 30 min. I did check on the progress of the scan and sometimes it would appear the scan was stalled but after waiting and watching it for about 5 min. it restarted. I believe it was just doing a really deep scan and it takes time. Perhaps you should give it a little more time. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.