TDS3 doesn't detect Spector Pro 5

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Sfax, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TDSFan

TDSFan Guest

Wayne - "you might want to write back to them to ask how they obtained their samples of Spectorsoft's products. "

Does it matter? If they obtained theirs the same way you obtained yours - that makes them neither better nor worse than you (just quicker).

If they purchased the product to enable them to include detection, then I APPLAUD them, for they've provided protection for everyone who uses their program. LEGITIMATELY, by buying the program.

Wayne - "There's also moral issues - we don't believe virus detection companies should be paying virus authors for writing malware."

Apples and oranges (we're not talking about "viruses" to start with) - SpectorSoft's product is commercially available and has legitimate uses - it is only when the product is maliciously MIS-used (when placed on someone's machine unbeknownst to them for evil purposes) that it falls into the "malware" category.

Wayne - "losing sleep over one individual keylogger that's tame compared to other keyloggers is just a waste of everyones time, yours and mine included."

Really? I wonder if some un-suspecting personal computer user who gets all of his passwords, credit-card numbers and banking information stolen by a program like SpectorSoft's that WASN'T detected by his security software would feel that way?

Somehow I doubt it.

I liked your statement in another thread ( #81 https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=26109&page=4 ) much more:

Wayne - Oops! You edited out the part where you suggested that people use a dedicated anti-keylogging program to ensure having a clean computer before relying on ProcessGuard to protect them. Wow. How totally un-cool. And totally beneath you.

The truth plays much better.

2. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

... says the anonymous user hiding behind a proxy. How credible indeed.

Anyway, this thread has been resolved so we'll let our bored friend here get back to looking for other places to start arguments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.