TDS3 and Firefox

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Jado54, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jado54

Jado54 Registered Member

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or help offered.

Currently I am using TDS3, NOD32, Process Guard, SWB, Adaware, Spybot, and ewido along with ZA. I am seriously considering switching to the Firefox browser but am ignorant enough to want to ask if there are any changes that I will need to make to TDS3 or Process Guard prior to switching? Is it a seamless transition?

I shall post about NOD32 further down the board. Once again thank you for any help offered.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Jado54

In my experience, yes.

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Jado54, With processGuard you will need to put the main firefox .exe on your protection list with the default settings and you can add Secure Message Handling if you want to feel extra secure.

HTH Pilli

4. dallen

dallen Registered Member

I was all about trying Firefox. My friend said it was awesome and blew IE out of the water. So I gave it a try, mainly because when I use IE and check my Hotmail account the damn font is so small on my new 21.3" Samsung flat panel I got for Christmas (Yes, I'm bragging and complaining at the same time). My friend said that if I used Firefox I wouldn't have that problem. Anyway, to answer your question, I didn't have a single issue with respect to any of the DCS products. However, shortly after falling in love with Firefox but before proclaiming my friend as a genius I discovered that my Logitech Laser mouse (also a gift) wouldn't allow me to use the back button to visit a previous web page. My friend was correct about the font issue. I guess IE interprets the code that is used to render the hotmail page as having font of a fixed pixel size. I tried adjusting every setting within Windows to fix the problem, but either the problem wouldn't go away and if it did then some other font was way too huge or the damn icons would end up way too large. Firefox was great and totally fixed the issue. However, you see my mouse has the back and forward buttons, found on many newer mice. They work fine using IE, but are inoperable using Firefox. Now I'm stuck...I have a better browser in all respects, except one of the most used functions is not available. o_O

5. tuatara

tuatara Registered Member

Since there is Firefox i am using it, and there are no problems , with the other programs you have mentioned.
    (I have a license of all progs you've mentioned except Z.A.)
    The best thing about firefox is that it solved a lot of securityproblems
    that there are in IE.
    (and of course that it is free and there are a lot of plug-ins).
    Because of that, it it is not the same as IE.
    So there are always websites etc. that are not built W3c-compliant
    (that is the official standard for the WWW see: http://w3c.org)
    but that are built specific for IE.
    So if you want to browse them anyway ( i would not recommend it)
    you can use your IE ONLY if you can't use Firefox
    There is no problem with having them both on your system.
    If you keep using IE (as a 2nd) i advise you the have a further
    look in these forums here, to see what else you can do to
    close the securityholes in IE.

Regards,

Albert

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I use a Logitech cordless and it works the same on all the browsers I use including Firefox.
    It sounds like a setting has been altered in your mouse software.

7. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

Opera and Firefox w/Extensions offer mouse gestures. You can go forward or backward by just moving your mouse in a certain direction - no need for the buttons :D

8. dallen

dallen Registered Member

That's cool, but since those buttons are there, I'd kinda like to use them rather than have my browser going forward and backward everytime I try to point at something.

9. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

You know, you can always remove those back/forward buttons if you want and make your browser really tidy and slim.

Oh, and mouse gestures only work if you hold down a preconfigured button while moving the mouse around (usually defaults to the right mouse button, but it is always changeable) so that you can control when the gesture works or not! So no navigation confusion. It's quite convenient actually, and once you get used to it, you'll find yourself trying to use mouse gestures in everything ranging from Word to Explorer! But then of course there are always great freeware programs like StrokeIt to add gestures to pretty much anything.

Give them a try, I almost guarantee you'll grow to depend on them *puppy*

10. Jado54

Jado54 Registered Member

Thanks to everyone for the information. I can't help but feel odd surfing with firefox because I am used to IE but hopefully this will fade with time.

11. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

OK Jado54, I'll close this thread now.

Best of luck. Pilli :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.