TDS, Port Explorer, etc. etc.

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Kalkriese, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kalkriese

Kalkriese Registered Member

Hello !!!

I am by no means *New* to computers, but where can one find tutorials and/or other info (books, e-books, etc.) explaining the effective use of TDS and Port Explorer, and just exactly what is a person to look for to diagnose the gathered info by , like, Port Explorer or other IP scanner type programs. And where would one go to learn more about examining captured packets and such o_O?? (Inquiring minds want to KNOW !! Lol...)... Seriously though, anyone have any suggestions out there o_O

Also, I am a registered user of TDS-3, and am looking at Port Explorer as well. In the meantime, can anyone suggest any other programs that are perhaps "Freeware" that I may use to get more of a handle on the mechanics of all this o_O? Thanks again.....

Thanks ahead of time.....

Kalkriese

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there and welcome to the forum!
    The programs you mention have fine Helpfiles, more a manual with bunches of information and backgrounds which are highly educative.
    Further a walk through these support forums will give you ideas about the effectiveness and uses.
    More programs? Of course, ProcessGuard to start with as prevention on your system, WormGuard to protect for opening all kinds of worms, scripts and suspicious files so you no longer need to criple your system with disabling the WSH, RegDefend to protect your registry, CryptoSuite to protect your data and communication (these from GhostSecurity, see in this forum too),
    have all the free tools from both sites as these are extremely usefull.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.