TDS opens, then closes

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by RoseDreamJ, Dec 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoseDreamJ

RoseDreamJ Registered Member

I've installed TDS-3 from Diamond, checked all required file versions, possible compatibility issues, etc. Yet, when I open TDS-3 I get the GUI, then it begins scanning processes and disappears. TDS is not listed as a running process or application in the Task Manager after this.

I am running Windows XP (no SPs only hotfixes), NOD32, and Outpost Pro Firewall. I also have Trojan Hunter but it is not enabled for background protection. I have disabled AMON. But still no luck. Any ideas?

2. RoseDreamJ

RoseDreamJ Registered Member

Update:

I found that it runs fine (or at least it opens and proceeds through the process scanning) if I launch it in compatibility mode for Win 98. That doesn't seem right.

Update2: After writing the above, I decided to disable the "greet with speech" option since TDS told me that it couldn't use speech because of a system change (the Win98 Compatibility I assume). After saving this change and restarting TDS, it failed to load. However, I tunred off compatibility mode and TDS started flawlessly. Just in case, I disabled all startup scans in the config. I've since launched TDS and ran scans sucessfully 5 times or so.

I guess this is one of those unique situations but thought I should mention it just the same. In summary, the trigger seemed to be toggling Win98 compatibility mode.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2004
  3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi RoseDreamJ, Strange indeed :) Not heard of this particular "fix" before but am glad all is well now.
    BTW If you are using TDS3 from an ordinary users account you must use XP's "Run As" Administrator feature.

Thanks. Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.