TDS Load at Start Up?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Robyn, Mar 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I would be grateful for a little advice on the best way to run TDS-3 with Windows XP. I have a fully registered version with 'execution protection' installed should I be loading TDS at boot or is the fact that I open the program manually each day sufficient for the 'execution' protection to run?

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

I don't let it run at start-up. I let everything else that runs at start-up fuinish loading up, then I click on the TDS icon and open it manually.

For me, it works better that way (avoids hangs)..

Of course, you have to remember to open it that way - if the program's not running - neither is exe protection. HTH Pete

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Providing TDS3 is running an the icon is showing in the System Tay (notification area) then Exec Prot will protect you

In the TDS configuration window you will find " Run at windows start up & Minimise TDS to: Windows sytem tray Enable both and all should be well.

Some ppl have noticed a start up conflict when lots of programmes are assigned to start with windows, if you have a problen the it would be better to start TDS manually.

HTH Pilli

4. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Thanks Pete, I will keep my setting as it is but do I have to keep TDS open on the taskbar throughout the day for it to be active o_O I always open it as part of my routine but once I update and do a full scan I normally closed it again :oops: I am now pleased I asked the first question as I have not been leaving it open for the rest of the day. Do you just leave TDS minimised as you work on the computer?

5. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Sorry our posts have crossed... I have not set mine to run at start up but have the dot in the minimise to task bar, should I change this to system tray?

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Robyn looks like Pete replied whislt I was writing my first reply, your second question was answered is in my reply :)

7. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Running it in SYSTRAY takes up less room down there (that's how I do it), and you're less likely to accidentally close the program out if it's in SYSTRAY. (Don't forget to "Save" the configuration changes if you change it to that). Pete

8. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Many thanks to both of you :) I have changed and saved my configuration to system tray and agree it is much less likely I would close it by accident. Thanks again for the prompt and helpful replies.

9. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

You're quite welcome. Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.