TDS Key File Not Working

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by FireDancer, Jul 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireDancer

FireDancer Registered Member

Hi,

A while back I had to send e mail to Diamond about my key file being lost/misplaced..never the less the sent new one after confirming my info.

Yesterday I re formatted my machine to add partitions as usual I backed up all my files and when I reinstalled TDS I rebooted then cut copy and pasted my keyfile in to TDS folder and TDS still comes up EVALUATION..ughh.

Can some one maybe give some insight to the untimely demise of TDS on my machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    FireDancer :p

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi FireDancer,
    did this same copy of the keyfile work fine before the last reformat and re-installation of TDS?
    Do you still have the email and keyfile they sent you the last time?
    Did you have that saved away in a sae place, maybe zipped, on a diskette, anywhere as original as could be?
    You're not using the Bat! as email client, as there have been users with damaged keyfiles because of the Bat! compriming or encrypting files/attachments they told in those cases and were left with a damaged keyfile (if immediately after receipt copied outside to a safe place nothing happens, they told) as an example.
    You can send your keyfile in for testing, support@diamondcs.com.au and if it's damaged ask a new one. Never has been a problem, don't worry!
    And please let us know about it!

3. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Is the filename tds3.kf ?

4. FireDancer

Jooske,

Yes it is the same file and I do have it stored on a CD with other software I use and it is the only copy I have since Diamond sent me a new one. No I dont use the Bat as e mail client, I use OE but run MailWasher over it. And I will send the keyfile to your link for testing.

Wayne,
    Yes it is TDS3.kf . I will send a copy to Jooske' link for testing
    thanks to both of you for your responces.

Regards,
    FireDancer :'(

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

FireDancer, it's Wayne's link in fact, i'm sure it will be solved soon.
    You did drop it into the TDS directory after installing it i hope?
    I remember my first tries starting with TDS-2 many years ago, was absolutely not familiar with a keyfile, only typing in codes from boxes or from a developer's email so got the working one nicely overwritten with the install till i fiiiiiiiiiiiinally understood ......... etc. :)
    I don't know if the current TDS3 still ships with a temporary evaluation keyfile to be overwritten with the real registration key, but you would certainly have noticed that! Maybe your burner burned it to pieces! (Sorry!)

6. FireDancer

Hi all,

I did in fact send the key file to Diamond and they sent it back saying it was NOT corrupt/damaged. I uninstalled TDS3, checked registry for reminants and re installed TDS3. All is working well now the only I can think of is operator error :( I thank you all for your responces....have a wonderfull day :)

Regards,
    FireDancer

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Really happy it's solved! Happy TDS-ing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.