TDS hangs on startup

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Defenestration, Dec 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

Not sure if this a known problem, but if I use other apps (eg. update virus databases, browse the web) while TDS is starting up it will often hang.

The only reliable way of starting TDS is to do nothing else while TDS is performing it's initial scans.

I hope this will be fixed for TDS-4!

EDIT: It generally hangs on the memory scan or the Trace scan.

2. Bowserman

Bowserman Infrequent Poster

Hi Defenestration :).

I get the same thing, but it is to be expected. Just start TDS before doing any online browsing etc. or alternatively, you could just disable the memory scan and trace scan for TDS via CONFIGURATION>STARTUP SCANNING options. I know that many have many of these options disabled and just perform a Full System Scan every 2-3 days.

Regards,
    Jade.

3. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

Or as someone else on another thread suggested find a windows startup tool that allows you to stagger application start times

The one that was suggested was Startup Delayer (by r2 studios) and it works for me, I have TDS set to auto start after everything else and I don't get startup hangs any more (it used to happen over 70% of the time)

Have a look at
    http://www.r2.com.au/software.php

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.