TDS and PIF-Files

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Dieter Bressem, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dieter Bressem

Dieter Bressem Registered Member

Hi all,

doing a full scan it is annoying that old DOS.Programs are always regarded as "suspicious".

a) SPFPC.EXE.PIF This is just a shortcut to the old DOS-Version of SPFPC.EXE (an old Mainframe-Editor)

b) STAR.EXE.PIF A program written by myself to analyze lottery numbers, written in BASIC PDS 7.

Ok, it is outdated to use or programming DOS-Programs, but they fit my needs.

Some other programs showing an alarm:

Brutus-aet2.zip
    Trojanman.zip
    STC.exE

I know, this are hacktools, I use to strike back

NVE-3.1.0.0.exe also regarded as "suspicous". It is just a file from the downloaded NERO-Pack.

It would be nice to include a "whitelist" to the upcoming TDS-4.

BTW: I will loose 1000 $ if TDS-4 isn't released before 1th July. I recommended this program to 10 friends and they are wondering why there is no update, bugfix, new version etc.
    I promised them 100 $ each if it is not ready before 1th July.

Regards
    Dieter

2. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

It's just flagging the double or multiple extensions as possibles as that is a favorite way for trojans to strike

the good thing about tds is that it warns or alerts but doesn't autofix as so many trojan files do haev legitimate uses as well so you are left to make the choice

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Dieter, To stop these alerts you can exclude the files from being scanned.
    Scan control - Scan exclusions. However, these exclusions are done on a folder by folder basis and not individual files.

HTH Pilli :)

4. Dieter Bressem

Dieter Bressem Registered Member

Hi Pilli,

thanks for the advice . Though I am an old TDS-2-User, I never recognized this option.
    I will move the files to a special folder and exclude it from scanning.

Thanks.

Dieter

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

No problem Dieter, probably not the ideal solution but a lot better than nothing :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.