TDS and Blackice why can't we get along

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by ?hkelly, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ?hkelly

?hkelly Guest

I am having problems with TDS. In the past It was working fine with blackice, now TDS will close by itself and when I run a full scan it will close. I am also using blackice PC protection. When I disable application protection in BI, TDS works fine. When I enable application protection in BI, TDS will load up but later on in the day it will abruptly close. So I think that BI is closing TDS and won't allow it to do a scan. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I have checked my application settings in BI and they seem to be fine and no TDS dll is marked as block or terminate. Any help will be appreciated.

hwk

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

Very strange o_O One thing you could try would be protect TDS-3.EXE with the free version of ProcessGuard, and see if it is indeed BlackIce trying to kill it.

If it is, then contact the vendor. It sounds like application protection is some sort of similar protection, to stop termination ? It must have bugs if it is killing processes..

3. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

hi, if u r using win xp sp2- there is a conflict with black ice which causes incompatability with other programs.

4. Donk

Donk Guest

Seems to me that w/ SP2 there's compatibility problems a LOT of programs. Most specifically Windows.

5. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

yeah, i only mentioned that because "Blackice" is listed on Microsoft site as incompatable with WIN XP SP2

6. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

I have SP2 and Blackice - no probs with me

7. ?Dudex

?Dudex Guest

Update ur blackice - last update 24 september. A fix has been made
    for XP so they can co-exist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.