TDS Abnormal Shutdown

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Looney, Mar 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Looney

Looney Registered Member

When I run an in depth scan (all options checked and worm generic detection set to maximum) I find that after a few hours TDS shuts down and my system reboots.

All the logs show is that TDS3 was terminated abnormally. I have been using TDS3 for a few years and this has only started in the last 3 months.

I run XP SP1, NOD32, BOClean (resident), TDS3 (demand scanner), LNS, WormGuard and a few of JavaCools applications. All proggies registered versions.

I have tried excluding TDS3, BOClean and NOD32 from each other but to no effect. A scan run in safe-mode still causes an abnormal shutdown of TDS3 and machine reboot. I have even tried a reinstall.

Any ideas as to why this may be happening or how I may ensure a scan completes fully would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

The first thing I would suggest is try unticking scan ZIP/RAR archives in Scan Control, save, and then run a scan. There could be some incomplete multipart RAR's and these often cause TDS-3 to crash when trying to unpack them. RAR 3.x is also not supported which could be attributing to it.

If your scan completes then try excluding any folder with incomplete multipart RAR files and it should be ok with the ZIP/RAR scanning back on ?

3. Looney

Looney Registered Member

Thanks Jooske, I will give it a try and let you know how it goes:)

4. Looney

Looney Registered Member

Oops, I mean Gavin....I keep fantasising about you know who, not Gavin :D

5. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

Another possibilty taht I've noticed with TDS and other scanning software that uses a lot of cpu power is overheating, especially if it spontaneously reboots

You could try make sure all your fans are working properly and none of the vents are blocked

& if you have a cpu temp monitor on the motherboard keep an eye on it

6. Looney

Looney Registered Member

Thanks gavin, excluding the zip and rar files worked :cool:

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

OK, that's great, now Gavin's next suggestion to try folder for folder with the possible RAR files till you found the possible culpit.
    Derek's suggestion to look at fans sounds as a good advice for every pc user (at least occasionally) :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.