tds-3

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by gr49erluvr, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gr49erluvr

gr49erluvr Registered Member

Hello everyone,
    I just purchased tds-3 and want to know if I should protect it with process guard. And if so ,what should I block, what should I allow and should I have anything checked in options.
    Thank You

2. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Welcome to Wilders gr49erluvr,

If you only have Process Guard Free (which can protect one process) than I would rather protect the firewall process.
    In the paid Process Guard, you can protect as many apps as needed.

For TDS-3, I have the first 4 block flags checked, no allow flags, and close MSG handling checked.

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Sounds good to me :)

Hi gr49erluvr & welcome, Please take some time to read through the threads here and the help file to familiarise yourself about Process Guard's installation and setup.

HTH Pilli

Last edited: Aug 3, 2004
  4. gr49erluvr

gr49erluvr Registered Member

Thanks for the welcome and I'll do what ya said ;)
    Have a good one.

5. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

I used to have CMH flag checked for TDS-3, but disabled it. I've heard that option is a little buggy, and from what I've experienced, I would agree.

Pilli - Do you think the DCS programmers will have the bugs worked out when TDS-4 is released? In theory, it's a nice feature! :)

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Daisie, Hopefully beta testing will sort out most of the bugs in TDS4 :D
    Regarding Close Message Handling, Process Guard uses undocumented methods to achieve it's purpose and it can be problemtaic with different setups, Jason is working on the PG update as I write and I know that many minor bugs and at least one vulnerability have been addressed ;)

HTH Pilli

7. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Thanks Pilli. I see now that I really screwed-up when typing my question above, :oops: but that you also somehow understood what I was really trying to ask. :eek: I remember reading in another thread that the ability to read people's minds can really come in handy when dealing with spouses, too. :D

I should have said: "Do you think the DCS programmers will have the bugs worked out when PG 3.0 is released?"

Thanks again, and looking forward to seeing the fruits of Jason's hard work!! :)

8. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Daisie, That's what happens when one has been married thirty one years! :D
    Whether every bug applicable to every system is fixed - I would certainly make no 100% guarantee and I doubt any software developer would either but I am sure that it will be a lot, lot better in many ways ;)

Pilli :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.