TDS 3 Update Problems

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by worldcitizen, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

Anyone out there know why my TDS 3 databases won't update? Everytime I perform an update it gets to the end then stalls then I can quickly see some kind of runtime error but can't read it before it disappears. This has happened a lot lately so is there any way of fixing this or is it the DCS server?

Dave

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Should be fine.. make sure firewall allows it. You could try an uninstall/reinstall

3. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I have just received 'download file corrupt, trying another server' twice. I hit update again and the download was fine this time but my first 2 servers had corrupt downloads. No problem prior to today, but I have the download now.

4. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

Yeah same here. Sometimes you have to try up to 4 times before it gets the download...but you get it. ;)

5. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Yes, I get the same problem. It stalls on my system at around 800KB and then a series of messages that I cannot read - but I believe at least one of them is a runtime error. Then, on a random basis, it will go to completion. Today, it went through without any problems.

Rich

6. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

Have you tried updating with a manual download to the TDS directory, right clicking and using the Save As link from the TDS web page?

7. Carver

Carver Guest

Put TDS3SMTP.EXE under Trusted applications in your firewall and you should have no problems.

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Guess you mean update.exe? The other is your smtp plugin.

What could be an issue is the database is growing really large, so systems really filled up could need to clean their caches and make room for the file coming in first?
    You'll notice after the download TDS reloading the radius if it takes time or even not showing up you should have given TDS more room to load the database; afterwards it's no issue anymore.

9. Carver

Carver Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.