TDS-3 Speech?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by adspace, Mar 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adspace

adspace Registered Member

I have downloaded the TDS-3 in hopes of solving a Trojan issue....my question is after downloading the speach files...should I be hearing something from TD3. Not sure what it is supposed to say
    Thanks
    Sam

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

3. adspace

Ok, I will go there now......thanks I will let you know

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

@ :cool: @ (listening ears here for your results)

This became a very nice instructive and illustrative thread as well by now
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=24562

<giggle>
    i just clicked on top the "search"
    typed in speech
    only checked the TDS forum,
    changed the values for 900 days and 200 messages.
    Got 194 results, including this posting.
    Unfortunately this searchengine does not give threads, just the postings, so too much work to sort out the threads where we spoke about speech in TDS, the many test scripts for that which are really a joy to play if you're msagent ready too and have at least the most used msagent Genie installed on your system, etc.
    It starts already in one of the first threads february 2002 named TDS-4, and after so many times, threads named uuuuuuuugh, msagent, speech, and many more unexpected names.
    The scripts are really informative ! :D

5. adspace

Oh, I was wondering about the scripts...do I need to download the scripts for the speech to work? or will it work with out them also?

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

download everything from the TDS download page, scripts, speech........
    Are you on windows 98 / ME / XP ?
    As you see in the speech threads, the insructions differ slightly for the different windows versions.

Scripts work all for registered TDS users, the evaluation version can only run the smaller scripts, like the InenrPeace script and the one i just pointed to in the Test and demo files thread on top here.

7. adspace

Ok, I did get the speech to work on Windows 98 Second Edition just need the MS Agent and Speech Engine files. Also, I have another question......
    Does TDS-3 run always ...meaning if a get hit with a TROJAN will it stop it from entering the system or does it catch it after it enters the system?

I have been using the DEMO Version and usually up-date the data-base manually daily after it runs through its checks I then "X" or close the program.....is this correct or should it be running all the time?

Thanks

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Oops, this posting was overlooked, 'scuse me! Was answered several times in the meantime for other postings.
    TDS needs to be running to stop executables.

I just wanted to post, if you do like TDS speaking and are looking for more uses of the speech and msagent, you might like at www.bellcraft.com to get also the deskbot to read your text for you and telling time etc. It sits quietly in your systray til you need it.
    It can read your TDS console completely but you have to highlight and copy that to the clipboard to be read, you'll find some uses for it for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.