TDS-3 is the BEST!! .. comments and questions...

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by cjacek, Jul 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjacek

cjacek Registered Member

Hi,

Just wanted to say that I used TDS-3 to clean up stubborn Trojans that other "tools" failed to get. Over a week of misery ended with TDS-3. It is truly THE BEST trojan remover and detector. I don't know of the company or history of TDS-3 but had to say it truly is a simple solution to trojans.

Questions: (1) Does the Free version have the capability of "real time" scan of these trojans etc from ever entering your pc ? (2) Is the following enough, generally speaking, to protect a pc from all sorts of bad stuff (currently running):

1. Hardware Firewall (AlphaShield)
    2. PC-cillin 2002
    3. Ad-aware
    4. TDS-3

Thank you and thanks to the GENIUS who made TDS-3!

Daniel

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello cjacek and welcome to the forum.
    Glad you like TDS. We all do :)
    The genius? See Wayne smiling humbly.
    Read ome about thecompany and more of their genius products via the link in my signature.

In the registered version you can install the Exec Protection, which is a resident part, blocking malware from executing, so your system does not need to be infected forst for the scanner to detect it in it's traces. This contrary lots of other scanners which only recognise live trojans and worms.
    But this exec protection you can't install in the evaluation version. Further there are but few and little differences, like updating the database is only possible via the website, and you can't run scripts larger then 5 KB.

Enough protection is a personal taste. We do believe in layered protection, which should for NT/2000/2003/XP systems have ProcessGuard (no win9x version possible)
    TDS,
    Port Explorer
    WormGuard
    to hammer your system tight against trojans and worms, extra protection against malicious and suspicious scripts and other files and worms with WormGuard,
    you covered the viruses with PCcillin,
    you might like more spyware detection and protection with spybotS&D,
    the several JavaCool products
    and all the DiamondCS tools from the site (most are free anyway)
    depending on what you like.
    I'm sure you will like Port Explorer to see almost realtime all connections, packet sniffing on them, etc.

3. cjacek

cjacek Registered Member

Man, thanks! I'll definitely take your advice but first I have to purchase me a copy of TDS!! :)

Thanks,

Daniel

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Kajasec, My first purchase after TDS3 would be Process Guard for any W2k or XP system. This gives you the added protection needed against the latest threats from rootkits (hidden Trojans), keyloggers etc. Plus fine control over new or changed executables.
    Like Jooske says, we like the layered protection approach :D

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Yes, please look into the products, and see if there are any Action offers at the moment or you'll have some members offer which raises with each purchase till around 20% and free upgrade to TDS-4 so ............ enjoy trying it!
    Oh, and if you like scripts and speech and all that........... yes you can use TDS for whatever you like, make it sing your birthdaysong, have an msagent running over your screen with some recommendations, etc etc Look at the TDS download page for those packs.
    They add lots of extra options to make TDS and security even more fun while securing your system with top notch products!

6. cjacek

cjacek Registered Member

Ok, thanks again guys! :)

Daniel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.