TDS-3 Crashes on system startup

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Turpster, Jan 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turpster

Turpster Registered Member

Hello,

I installed TDS-3 and everything was working fine until I installed the execution protection feature. I have TDS-3 set to start up with Windows XP SP 2. But with execution protection enabled TDS-3 Locks up, does not respond and closes with one of those "send error report" messages. TDS-3 will then start up fine manually.

Are there any known conflicts with or settings I may need to change in Outpost Pro 2.5, Nod32, Wormguard or SpywareGuard to get TDS-3 working on boot-up? or is there a way to get it to start automatically after everything else has loaded?

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 17, 2005
  2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

Change TDS-3 NOT to start with Windows (in configuration)

Add a shortcut to your startup folder here
    Start Menu > Programs > StartUp

This will start TDS last in the boot process, which should help

3. Turpster

Turpster Registered Member

Thanks Gavin! That works perfectly! I can even run TDS-3 and Tauscan at the same time (both resident) by adding TDS-3 to the start-up folder. Of course, I probably should not run both of them at the same time and probably will not. Note: I was NOT running Tauscan as a resident protector prior to your idea. It just worked so well, I thought I give it a try and both started without a problem.

TDS-3 is my favorite and will be my resident Trojan protector. I just happen to have a license for Tauscan too and wonder if there is any benefit to running them both as resident or if Tauscan should be left as a backup scanner.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.