TDS-3 Crashes on system startup

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Turpster, Jan 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turpster

Turpster Registered Member

Hello,

I installed TDS-3 and everything was working fine until I installed the execution protection feature. I have TDS-3 set to start up with Windows XP SP 2. But with execution protection enabled TDS-3 Locks up, does not respond and closes with one of those "send error report" messages. TDS-3 will then start up fine manually.

Are there any known conflicts with or settings I may need to change in Outpost Pro 2.5, Nod32, Wormguard or SpywareGuard to get TDS-3 working on boot-up? or is there a way to get it to start automatically after everything else has loaded?

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 17, 2005
  2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

Change TDS-3 NOT to start with Windows (in configuration)

Add a shortcut to your startup folder here
    Start Menu > Programs > StartUp

This will start TDS last in the boot process, which should help

3. Turpster

Turpster Registered Member

Thanks Gavin! That works perfectly! I can even run TDS-3 and Tauscan at the same time (both resident) by adding TDS-3 to the start-up folder. Of course, I probably should not run both of them at the same time and probably will not. Note: I was NOT running Tauscan as a resident protector prior to your idea. It just worked so well, I thought I give it a try and both started without a problem.

TDS-3 is my favorite and will be my resident Trojan protector. I just happen to have a license for Tauscan too and wonder if there is any benefit to running them both as resident or if Tauscan should be left as a backup scanner.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.