TDS 3 &4 questions

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by S!x, Jan 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S!x

S!x Registered Member

Hi,

I am really impressed with TDS3 thus far ... I am just about ready to break open my wallet ... but i have a few questions regarding TDS3 and the future TDS 4.

I have noticed your product's called process/worm guard and i am curious to what the difference between Process Guard & Worm Guard are versus the Execution Protection in TDS3?

If they are different, is the future TDS4 sticking with the current Execution Protection or some combination of process/worm guard?

thanks for any clarity on this subject.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there, all will be separate products!
    ProcessGuard protects all your system files and whatever you add to it from illegal termination, deletion or modification, Exec Protection checks every executable for possible malicious code before it is allowed to execute, WormGuard checks other files, scripts, worms, etc.
    All coexist very nicely. Don't forget Port Explorer and CryptoSuite too!

3. S!x

S!x Registered Member

Thanks Jooske ...

I had been reading this article from Wayne on TDS 4 is why i asked ...
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=26249

"With the completion of advanced technologies developed for our Port Explorer and Process Guard software we're now basically 100% full-steam ahead working on putting everything together into TDS-4, which will be very different to TDS-3 as you currently know it."

It comes off sounding like Process Guard or its technology will be a part of TDS 4 ... I am a cheapskate and didn't want to buy the same thing twice. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.