TD-3 stops scanning

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Grumpy, Dec 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grumpy

Grumpy Guest

Running Windows XP, having major problems with what appears to be a Trojan, it prevents the Antivirus (AVG) software from running, downloaded TD-3 evaluation version and its stops before completeing its scanning.
    Can't run RegEdit to try to edit the registry, the dial up connection attempts to dial constantly and tries to contact a website "dashitz0rz.h4ck.biz"
    Can anyone help, pleaseo_O

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

You probably have some spyware or other hijackers, so someone should move this to the appropriate place.

For TDS, try clicking SCAN CONTROL, then untick the box ZIP/RAR scanning. Does TDS complete a full system scan now ? Email me directly if you like gavin@diamondcs.com.au , and continue with Hijack this! log and help with removing adware and other stuff you must have :)

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Do also get Port Explorer and you can see such a malicious connection, as well as block and/or kill that connection. Can you look into that too?
    Might make it easier to investigate what is happening and which application is used for that connection.
    And try at least Gavin's advice for the hijackthis log please asap!
    Running a spyware scanner like spybotS&D and/or ad-aware would help too.
    After come back for the TDS problem which stopped before finishing like you said, as that can have different causes.

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Grumpy,

Have a look here for the instructions on how to make a HijackThis log:
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

Regards,

Pieter

5. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Thanks Pieter :D

6. Grumpy

Grumpy Guest

I very much appreciate your help on this, thank you all. I'm going to follow your advice and have downloaded the software you've recommended. One thing I neglected to say in my original post was that I have run Ad-Aware and it finds a number of processes, files and registry keys but the program hangs at the its list of objects and never goes to the delete screen!
    However I'm going to try Spybot and see if that works.

Thanks again and I will let you know the outcome of all this.
    Greatly appreciate your help....

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Most certainly we love to see your hijackthis log and see what can be fixed, and if that helps with your scans.
    All to make sure what is wrong, especially now you say there are various processes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.