TCP/IP Parameters for System?

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Rilla927, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Hi folks!

I just installed RegDefend and the very first alert I received was to Allow or Block TCP/IP Parameters for System. I chose allow, assumed if I blocked it the computer wouldn't work. Hope this is correct.

One more question...... how do I open the Suite? When I right click on the system tray icon it says "I won't get alerts basically". When I click on the desktop icon it says it's already running. I just wanted to open it and look around.

Using Tony Kliens ruleset. XP Home w/SP2.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2006
  2. Rilla927

The only way I can open the Suite is if I exit out of system tray icon and then open desktop icon.

As for my question in regards to the TCP/IP Parameters I can provide a screen shot. If anyone see's something I need to change please provide clear instructions in laymen language as how to do it:)

Thanks very much!

Attached Files:

• RD.PNG
      RD.PNG
      File size:
      85 KB
      Views:
  3. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

You definitely need to allow both System and Svchost.exe to Set and Delete values on this Key.
    Just wait until the next pop-up and be sure to tick the box to always allow. In that way you will automatically create an application rule without any fuss.
    Double click the tray icon.
    The only purpose of the desktop icon is to bring back the tray icon should you 'exit' from the program. Please note that if you do exit from the prog, it will still silently auto-block (i.e. without giving a pop-up) in the background unless you actually disable it first (you do that from the drop-down box in the GUI).

4. Rilla927

Hi Topper! Okay, so I did right! Whew!

Everything you see in screen shot is okay, then.

Okay, got it. There only been one alert I have seen since the install, but RD says 140 alerts.

I would have never thought of that one.

The silent auto-block, is that a good thing or bad thing? This program has always intimidated me:doubt:

I see there are some built in rules for some apps, does that mean apps that you need to run that aren't in there need rules for them? Or RD makes the rules as you run the programs according to your answer to alert.

Thanks very much Topper! Sorry for all the questions but I will have to learn as I go. Just hope I don't do anything FATAL!

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

RD will create an Application Rule if one does not exist for that executable and at the same time create a rule as part of that executables Application rule each time an alert pops up for that executable provided you place a check in the Allow and Always perform the action I take.

6. Rilla927

Okay! Understood.

I'm just curious as to why I have only received the one alert after the install. For two different programs I wanted to run it also alerted and I checked the "Always Allow". Besides that I thought I would've had more, that's why I thought something was wrong.

I guess TK'S ruleset took care of that!

Thanks very much, Bubba!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.