TCLOCKEX not running at startup.

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by lespaton, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lespaton

lespaton Registered Member

I use TCLOCKEX to expand the clock display in the system tray. It requires Global Hooks enabled. So I BLOCK Global Hooks in the PG General Protection Options, add TCLOCKEX to the Program Protection log and set its options to Allow Global Hooks. At Windows startup I see that TCLOCKEX is allowed to run with no facilities blocked, but the tray display does NOT appear. After startup if I start TCLOCKEX.exe it starts OK and the tray display appears OK.
    The only way to get TCLOCKEX to startup and display at Windows startup is to ALLOW Global Hooks in the PG General Protection Options.
    Strange ?? Any ideas ??

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi lespaton, I am not sure why you would want that on your protected list? Never-the-less you have so to answer your question, there may be some anomalies with programs that were not tested with Process Guard.
    Jason is working on a new release for the very near future which includes many minor bugfixes, hopefully this will correct your problem and at least give Jason a chance to take a look at your particular problem.

HTH Pilli

3. lespaton

lespaton Registered Member

Well I put it on the "protected" list cos Global Hooks are BLOCKED and I need to enable them for this particular exe. The only way I could figure to do that is put it on the list and use "options" to do that. Am I wrong ??

4. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

No you are not wrong, that is the correct way of doing it. :)

There seems to be some conflicts with the startup procedure and programs which use global hooks, I will take a look into this problem with specific programs when the next release enters BETA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.