TC system disk backup with clonezilla

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by klarm, Jan 22, 2018.

1. klarm

klarm Registered Member

Hi all.
    I need advice how to proceed.
    I have a laptop that has 128gb SSD with win7 64 and it's encrypted by TC (system disk encryption).
    when I try to create backup using clonezilla, as I often do on my desktop that also has SSD with TC system disk encryption, I get some strange error that I don't understand and don't know how to resolve. I never got this when backing up my desktop. I use dd option and no compression as that's the only option for TC encrypted drive and I don't mind the time needed and space required.

22222.jpg

I tried using Trinity Rescue kit v3.4 boot CD and made a backup of laptop like that but I have no idea if that image would be useful. It took around 24h to create an image on external hdd (USB 2.0) with trinity.

any advice/tought on this error I'm getting in clonezilla? the system is working without problems and I want to do a backup before I start installing a bunch of MS and other updates.

are there any other free liveCD backup software that I could try using like clonezilla to do raw backup?

thanks.

2. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

I don't see any issue in terms of raw disk clone/image backup. That error message basically told you that Clonezilla/Parted could not recognize the file system used in your boot drive. That's normal, as you used FDE with TC. If you proceed, Clonezilla work backup your disk no problem with dd mode.

3. klarm

klarm Registered Member

when I try to continue it stops. It doesn't want to run. I don't understand why. on desktop I never had this problem and I've been creating images of TC system drive with clonezilla for years now.

is there another similar free software with liveCD that you can recomend so I test to see if I get some error.
    trinity didn't give me error but running for 24h and I'm not sure if that image is restorable.

thanks.

4. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

5. klarm

klarm Registered Member

I'll look into it. thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.