TC Encrypted USB - Can mount fine but no files inside....

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by WarioBrothers, May 4, 2016.

1. WarioBrothers

WarioBrothers Registered Member

I have a USB that I encrypted with TC and had it sit dormant for about a year. I am now trying to access it since it was my backup and everything seems to go smoothly, drive is recognized and can mount just fine in TC but when I open up the drive letter that I assigned when mounting it is completely empty....

I have tried like 15 different data recovery soft-wares and I can see my file (this USB has only ever been used for this one small text file) but it always shows 0kb, hence unrecoverable.

I have never done anything with the drive since encrypting it besides checking to make sure it can be retrieved later before putting it in storage. Not sure how the TC Container is undamage but my one single file is.

If it helps there is one other recoverable file in there that is the desktop.ini file.

Recuva did find like 8 other files that just had giberish text and filenames.

Thanks for your help guys, I have seen you guys do magic with some lost whole drives, hopefully there is....hope for my single .txt file.

2. WarioBrothers

WarioBrothers Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.