Taskbar icon

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by lagozit, Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lagozit

lagozit Registered Member

Here's my problem: sometime, i can't right click or double click the ESS icon in the notification area (it doesn't do anything). Quite frequently, but not always, a reboot always solves the problem, but in time, it keeps returning. It's kind of annoying.
    I'm using Vista Ultimate SP2 64 bit. What information do i have to provide more?

2. lagozit

Anyone? Isn't this the official support forum? :ouch:

3. JesusV

JesusV Former ESET Support Rep

Is ESET doing a scan when youre clicking on the icon?
    Are you able to click on other icons when this is happening on the system tray?

Activate the task manager (SHIFT+CTRL+ESC) and go to the processes tab to see if theres any processes taking up abnormal amounts of CPU/memory.

Regards,

Jesus

4. lagozit

No, i wasn't scanning anything. Everything else work fine. Process manager didn't show anything suspicious.
    But now i remember i installed a taskbar program called Taskbar Shuffle that allows rearrange taskbar icons. Could it be that it conflicted with Eset? o_O I will uninstall it and then report back if the problem return.

5. lagozit

6. JesusV

JesusV Former ESET Support Rep

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.