Task with differential Backups not working

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by muesli, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muesli

muesli Registered Member

Hello!

In TI10 I created a task doing one full backup and then 3 differential backups and after them a full one again and so on to a backup place. Unfortunately this doesn't work, now I have one full and 11 differential backups in the backup place. I have seen that also others report this problem (I wanted to answer to this thread, but it is too old to answer). In a German forum (http://www.wintotal-forum.de/index.php/topic,136940.0.html, last post) I read, that this problem only occurs if the task is not started automaticly but manually (I cannot comment this, I start them manually, too). Is this problem solved (at least in a newer version)?

Thanks and best wishes,

Müsli

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Müsli,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

To find the reason for the encountered issue we need some additional information.

1. Could you please clarify where Backup Location is placed (whether it's on internal, external, or network hard drive)?

2. Could you please provide us (you can send it as a private message) with a log file of the fifth operation?

- Start Acronis True Image;
    - Select Tools -> Show log;
    - Choose the log entry which contains errors;
    - Click on the diskette icon, choose the location (folder) and save there;
    - Send us the log.

Thank you.

__

Oleg Lee

3. muesli

muesli Registered Member

Hello!

Thanks for your reply! About 10 days after posting here I contacted the German support and they told me it's a known bug in TI10 when having the backup storage on an external drive and is solved in TI2009 by replacing the backup storages by consolidating (I hope this is the right English word...).

Best wishes,

Müsli

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Müsli,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

I am really glad to hear that you have found the reason.

Thank you.

__

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.