TASK SCHEDULER REQUIRES PASSWORD/NOTHING WORKS

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wildbill1326, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildbill1326

wildbill1326 Registered Member

RUNNING WIN/XP ACRONIS IS SET UP AND WORKING FINE BUT WHEN I TRY TO USE TASK SCHEDULE I CAN'T GET PAST THE USER NAME AND PASSWORD BOXES. TRIED EVERYTHING I KNOW INCLUDING LEAVING THEM BLANK, GET ERROR MESSAGE REQUESTING USER NAME TO PROCEED.
    EARLIER I WAS ABLE TO SCHEDULE A TASK BUT WAS TOLD IT WOULD NOT RUN WITHOUT USER NAME AND PASSWORD AND IT DID NOT RUN. CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THIS?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wildbill1326,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please send the screenshots of all your actions in wizard and the screenshot of the error you receive tosupport@acronis.com along with the link ot this thread? This information would let us investigate the problem under consideration thoroughly and provide you with a possible workaround.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

Let me guess... your PC is set up to automatically log in, and you don't know the username and password?

4. Mike Donatello

Mike Donatello Registered Member

I'm having the same problem with scheduled backups to a workgroup share. Shear the forum and you'll find a bunch of people suffering from this issue. I doubt that it's as simple as one guy forgetting uid and p/w.

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

I think I read in the TI manual that for Schedule to work, the logon must have a password. Then you can enter your logon name and the password associated with that logon in the scheduler function.

When I did that, the scheduler worked. When I used a blank password (no password), it didn't. Since I hate having to enter a password every time I reboot, I just gave up on the Scheduler.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.