Task scheduled

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rulirahm, May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rulirahm

rulirahm Registered Member

Hi, I don't see ATIH has its own scheduled task after installing. Is it true? We must create it manually?

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Not sure what you mean here. I fyou want to make tasks that run on a schedule, then yes, you have to make these using the scheduled task wizrd. If you want task that can wke a cmputer from standby (S3) then that gets more involved. You have to make a task, set the sechedule in ATI to manual, and then run the task file from a task that you create in win task manager -- win Task Manager tasks will can be seet to wak a pc from standby.

The ATI task files are typically in
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts

and have a "tis" extension and terribly long names. You can tell which file is the one you want by edting the task in ATI and then using the time/date stamp on the tis files to know which is the one just edited.

The command to use in Win Task Manager to run a task is this:

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImage\TrueImageService.exe" /script:"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts\81E9DA10-BEF6-414A-BB78-EA50AEC03114.tib.tis"

where the tis filename is changed to the appropriate tis file on your pc.

sh

3. rulirahm

rulirahm Registered Member

I mean, by default installation, ATIH don't create a scheduled task to create an incremental backup, right?

I'm using Vista Basic.

4. keithg

keithg Registered Member

Correct. The installation of TI won't automatically create a scheduled task to perform an incremental backup. After installation, you need to create your Backup Location then create your Task Schedule for your backups.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rulirahm,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that scheduled tasks are meant to be created by the user, to best suit his/her needs. You can find detailed instructions on how to schedule tasks in chapter 8 "Scheduling tasks" of the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.