Task never does another full

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jchittock, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jchittock

jchittock Registered Member

I use a backup lolcation and a task that is supposed to do a new full after every three incrementals. However it just does incrementals never doing another full. It is a disk backup rather than a data backup and I only run it (manually) once a week so through its size and time it takes to run, it's a pain to experiment with. I have asked Acronis support but they are baffled. Any help would be appreciated.

2. DLE

DLE Registered Member

I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your problem, but I'm having the same problem. When you schedule or manually run a a Full Backup the configuration is changed by the TI product to be an incremental at the completion of the Backup. I'm trying to setup up two task. A full backup to run on the weekend and an incremental to run twice during the week. At this point I'm having to manully change the settings each week. I'm ready to go back to Norton Save / Restore.

3. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Have you tried, only setting the task as incremental?

It should, assuming no other images in the archive, automatically make a full image and then subsequently make the incrementals.

Which version and build of TI are you using?

Colin

4. jchittock

Thanks Colin but the whole point is I want a full every four weeks. My very problem is the fact that it did the first full but has only done incrementals ever since! I want a full every four weeks.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jchittock and DLE,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please describe the settings of Acronis Backup Location and where is it located at? Please also provide a screenshot of the location folder.

jchittock, could you please let me know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. jchittock

RE: [HOME] After Incrementals, full not done (KMM41626I15977L0KM)

7. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Are you sure you're selecting the Backup Location under Backup Locations and not lower down on the tree? It makes a diff. Sure that the cfg file hasn't been deleted for the Backup Location?

For testing purposes make a task that only backs up a few files. If you can get that to work, replicate its creation but select the larger data source.

8. jchittock

Quite sure. I have tried numerous tests for Acronis and all small tests work. It's only when I backup my entire disk (ie all partitions) and do the incremental on seperate days after hibernates that it starts to go wrong.

I was asked to try TI2009 to see if it resolved a seperate bug I was finding - that the same backup never prompts for the password even though it is password protected - and in 2009, the ability to do a full aften N incrementals has been removed!!!o_O

9. DLE

DLE Registered Member

Marat Setdikov

Regarding Full Image setups becoming Incremental on there own appears to have been a user error. I've not been able to recreate the problem and my Full Image Backups are working correctly. I'm still looking foward to improvements in the scheduling capabilities of TI 2009 in future releases. Thanks

10. jchittock

Marat, that's not what I said. It is not a "just-fulls" backup that is becoming an incremental on its own!

I am doing an Incremental backup with Fulls after every 3 incrementals. It did the initial full but has done only incrementals ever since when it should do a full every fourth run.

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jchittock and DLE,

We are sorry for delayed response.

DLE, I'm glad it's working for you now.

jchittock, please notice that the request numbers assigned when one submits a support request on our website are 7 digit numbers, no letters. Could you please clarify, how/where have you submitted the request?

Meanwhile, please make sure you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software. It's recommended to delete and recreate Acronis Backup Locations via Acronis True Image interface after updating.

If the latest build doesn't solve the problem, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please collect the application log of the operation when a full should be created, but is not:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the corresponding log;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Please collect the acronis_backup_place.cfg file from the folder where Acronis Backup Location is created, and a screenshot of that folder in Windows Explorer.

Please also clarify, where is the Acronis Backup Location placed (i.e., internal drive, usb drive, network drive).

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. To expedite the resolution we recommend you to use our Live Chat service after that. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.