Task Manager Stuffed and winkey.dll/wininv.dll Trojan

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by ash555, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ash555

ash555 Registered Member

Hi, my Task Manager has been like this for a while and I need to know how to fix it ;) Also, winkey.dll/wininv.dll I can't remove. Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2004
  2. ash555

ash555 Registered Member

LOL... I am so dumb. Well, thanks www.techspot.com for the answer :) I had to Double Click the thic part at the top. ;) Still need help on the trojan o_O Any help :rolleyes:

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Ash555, welcome to Wilders. From what I have just read about that Trojan you should be able to delete it by following the comprehensive steps found in General Cleaning.

If these steps do not resolve your situation, you will need to download and run “Hijack This” found here and post your log at one of the forums found here. The two bigger forums for HijackThis log processing, (meaning they process more log threads each day than most others) are: SpywareInfo.com and CastleCops.com. Be sure to read their posting policy in the links at their log review forum sections prior to posting.

The steps mentioned in General Cleaning use software that ought to be part of your security, as an absolute minimum. Once your system is clean, please don’t hesitate to ask further about using these and other security software to protect your computer.

With this particular Trojan you are going to have to replace system files when your system is clean, as such you will need to place your Windows CD in the drive, click start > run, type in CMD, when the black window opens type in "sfc /scannow"

SFC (System File Checker, a part of Windows File Protection) will replace any changed/damaged system files with a clean copy.

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go.

Cheers :D

4. ash555

ash555 Registered Member

Seems weird, but when I bought my computer, it didn't come with the Win XP Home Edition CD :doubt: Is there any possibile way for me to delete those files ? :blink:

And also, BlackSpear, that thread of yours with those downloads for virus/spyware removals is very, very useful. Spybot found 5,546 files :eek: And my comp is running smooth as a bat :D THANKS

5. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

5,546 files

wow...the person who was hjt your log would have had a serious job...:D

good to know...

@ Blackspear : again you make good alternatives and suggestions...two thumbs up!!

Inf.

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You can actually get a copy of the CD from Microsoft for about Australian $60.00 by calling their support line in the country you are in, you will need the XP Product Key, this should be stuck onto you computer somewhere.

Good to see, there are also 2 very good threads here and here for further discussion on security and how to make your system that much stronger.

This is what works really well for me as a layered defense, very simple to use and maintain: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=315075

Hope this helps.

Let us know how you go…

Many thanks Infinity, appreciated.

7. Trini

Trini Guest

i need help with this

~Hijackthis log removed~

Mod Note: Please see my reply below - snap

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2004
  8. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Trini,

I'm afraid we have discontinued the HijackThis log analysis service here at Wilders as stated in this Announcement.

Please follow Blackspear's post above (Post #3) with regards to posting a HijackThis log at the appropriate forum:
    Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.