Tape drive backup not working

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by z242, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. z242

z242 Registered Member

I am using the latest trial version of ATI Workstation, which I am testing out specifically because I need its tape backup capabilities. I am running Vista Ultimate x64, and my tape drive is an IBM LTO 2 running off an Adaptec 39160SCSI card. I have no problem selecting the tape drive for a backup destination, and the backup (of an 80 GB drive) appears to start normally, and the tape moves briefly. (This tape works with other backup programs.) However, when the green progress bars first appear, they completely fill the first line (current operation), and halfway fill the bottom line (total time), with an indication that there is less than one minute to go in the backup. A few seconds later, the backup fails with a fatal error: "Restore internal error: 458,755." This happens every time. If I simply change the backup destination to a hard drive, everything works fine.

As instructed by the manual, I am using Removable Storage Management to manage my backup tapes. I have moved my destination tape into the Free pool. An Acronis pool has been created by ATI, but the tape doesn't get moved there. I notice that if I look at the tape properties, on the Side tab, the name field says, "Acronis Test Program archive." I'm assuming that this is normal, and doesn't mean that my whole problem is that I'm using a trial version of ATI Workstation. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I submitted this problem to technical support on Friday, but so far I have not heard anything back, so I thought I'd post here to see if anyone had any ideas.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello z242

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please be aware that our QA Team is currently investigating the problem, and it will be resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.