Tape clarification please

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by piscario, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piscario

piscario Registered Member

We have the SBS version of True Image build 8206 on a SBS 2008 machine and installed Acronis Backup Server on another machne running Win 2003 with a tape drive attached. This was done initial because of the inital lack of win 2008 tape support.

Backups run fine when we select the tape drive through the backup server and I then go and try and validate the archives and do a test restore of files and find i cannot browse the files on the tape.

I then go and read the manual in a bit more detail and find this.

So I can backup my data but never retreive it, restore it, validate it or even see it. Seems I am just wearing out tapes at the moment unless we get another version of acronis it appears.

Do I have to install the tape hardware directly on our SBS server to get a working tape backup solution?
    Why cant Backup Server interogate the locally attached tape drive to export any backups on there?

2. piscario

piscario Registered Member

Bump anythiing?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello piscario,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

The note about the impossibility to recover the data is related to the following:

If you backup the partition or the entire hard drive, you are unable to restore a separate file or folder (or a group of files and folders). The same thing is related to files and folders backup operation.

You have an opportunity to recover the entire archive.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.