Tall Emu / Online Armor sites down?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by T-RHex, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-RHex

T-RHex Registered Member

Are the Tall Emu (Online Armor) sites down?
    I tried to install OA Premium and it won't get past the licence authentication (connection refused).
    So I went to browse to OA's support site but I'm not getting any response (and not from ping either).

2. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

It's up and running now.:)

4. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

ok on my side of the world ;)

5. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

6. T-RHex

T-RHex Registered Member

Thanks all. Works fine here now.
    The timing was just lousy/funny -- I finally got around to installing OA trial on my host PC (after testing in a VM for weeks), and the install failed. At first I figured it was traces from my old firewall but then saw their servers were down. Funny how you can test something as much as you want, but when you put it into production everything changes! :blink: Though it's a little disappointing when you can't install software just because the vendor's server is unavailable. That's why I shudder at the thought of how cloud computing has become the thing to embrace...

7. T-RHex

T-RHex Registered Member

Hm, wonder if it had anything to do with them releasing 4.0.0.45?

8. falkor

falkor Registered Member

They are always having issues .:rolleyes:

9. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Not in my experience. Care to document that claim.

10. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Yeah, just not with the websites.

11. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

12. Peter2150

Just curious what that means. Online Armor, is not out, and definitely not over. Just it's in different, but very capable hands.

13. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

^^^ This.

Since the last few weeks, the Emsi guys have been helping the original OA team with x64. Should be some good news there soon :)

14. brainrb1

brainrb1 Registered Member

15. gery

gery Registered Member

it also has spread the news through the news letterThe latest Emsisoft news.
    Emsisoft acquires Online Armor!
    Emsisoft Online Armor Firewall

Emsisoft is primarly known for our Anti-Malware products. Two years ago we started marketing and selling the German version of the Online Armor firewall from Tall Emu, who are based in Australia. Both the positive feedback from our customers and excellent cooperation with Tall Emu led us to proudly announce that Emsisoft has taken over the support and development of Online Armor, including aquiring all of its developers.

The sophisticated Online Armor Firewall ensures that only programs explicitly approved by the user have access to the local network or Internet. Other modules have been added to the classical Firewall features, such as Web protection, an Online Banking mode and protection against undesired Autostarts.

The Online Armor Firewall is the perfect enhancement to our security software and expands our product range in exactly the right direction. It is already regarded as one of the world's best Firewalls, so users can rest easy in the knowledge that they will now have two top security products from the same source that are directly matched to each other.

Until the end of July we want to celebrate the overtake together with you by offering a bundle consisting of Anti-Malware and Online Armor Premium - with not less than a 50% discount! In other words: If you are interested in one program you get the other one for free.

16. Peter2150

There is another thread on that topic. Please discuss it there. This thread was only about the sites being down.

Thanks,

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.