Talis vs Liberte

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by ComputerSaysNo, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Which one out of Talis & Liberte has the best security?

Talis seems to be getting bloated now and Liberte for some odd reason turned on the Webcam of my laptop. For what reason I don't know o_O

Which is better?

2. L:iberte 2012.03 to be released in the coming days as per their forum.

No one uses Talis or Liberte here o_O

3. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Au contraire CompuerSaysNo, there are probably a strong contingent of Tails users here, and probably some that stick to Liberte, or use both.

-- Tom

4. Yeah it would be nice to have a discussion about them :thumb:

5. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

I just downloaded tails-i386-rc-0.13.iso for testing. I do not know how long the testing period will be. This is a new approach from the Tails crew which is a step in the right direction to flush out release problems that were previously found out after the fact rather than before the fact and fixed before final release.

-- Tom

6. Good move by the Talis team, peer review is very important for both Talis & Liberte. Too bad Liberte doesn't have a very active community.

7. 2012.3 is out @ scourforge

8. Really liking 2012.3 Liberte it's not bloated and does the job. Got it in a Live VM atm and I must say I'm getting to the stage where I might dump Talis.

saying that Talis has regular updates, Liberte it's once or twice a year and only a one man job Hmmmm....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.