Tags -Incoming Email

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Ocky, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

In accordance with my POP3 settings (using Outlook Express), a tag is appended to all incoming emails (port 110). Until today this task was faithfully accomplished. However, today I received some mails all from the same sender with pdf's attached, and the tag was not appended.
    Maybe they were from a 'secure' server as the contents are 'private and confidential'. Is there any way to find out why the tag was not appended - perhaps from the message internet header details ? The top toolbar, 'File','Edit', 'View' etc. was not displayed in Acrobat Reader with these pdf's.
    Am also using Frontgate which I use to check mails on the server before downloading them.
    My 10th day of using NOD32 - please accept my apologies if this turns out to be some oversight on my part.

Thanking you.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Are you drawing any email in through a secure server as in gmail?

Cheers :D

3. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

No Blackspear. I do not use gmail, but come to think of it, when I hover my mouse over File: in IMON staus window it shows 'http://www.google'..... something/logo.gif or similar. ( Can't remember exactly as IMON has moved on to more pressing business ...he..he..he)
    I have seen previous threads about gmail and now wonder if those mails originated from a gmail server. ??

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi ! The fact where the mail originates form has nothing to do with IMON . In case you use encrupted connection to get the main IMON will not be able to scan the file/traffic because it will be encrupted , IMON just can't recognise/read it in the Winsock .

5. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Hello again ! No I don't use encrypted connection for mail. Any idea why
    the mails were not tagged ? All the other mails received are tagged.
    Probably nothing to get excited about - I am just curious. :rolleyes:

6. alglove

alglove Registered Member

It could be that malformed MIME attachments are hiding the NOD32 tag. Try viewing the message source (right-click message --> Properties --> Details --> Message Source...) to see if you can find the NOD32 tag buried somewhere in there.

If this is indeed the problem, then it is a matter of the way the original message was formatted and sent. The tag was added, but because of the way Outlook Express decodes the message, it is not visible.

7. IcePanther

IcePanther Registered Member

Or, it could be that it's a "malformed" HTML message without all the tags (like the ones sent by hotmail's web interface), because when IMON couldn't find the tags in a HTML-fomatted mail, it just didn't append it (there was no </body> or </html> tag, I don't remember that wall).

So I would agree with alglove, it's maybe a matter of how the original message was formatted.

8. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Thank you for your responses. Will look into this when I next receive mails from that source. I have deleted the mails mentioned as they are private/confidential, but I did check the message source and found nothing untoward - probably because I didn't specifically look for NOD32 tag buried in the message source.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.