tablets ?

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by piranha, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piranha

piranha Registered Member

april 28
    ESET Releases BETA Version of ESET Mobile Security for Android Smartphones and Tablets

august 10
    ESET Announces Release Candidate Version of ESET Mobile Security for Android Smartphones

oupssssss tablets disapears o_O o_O what happens

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Additional functionality for features such as landscape support will appear in a future build of the software.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. piranha

so the rc version is not for tablet at this time ??

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

It will work just fine, but the user interface is designed for a smartphone's smaller-sized display so some screens may not look very attractive on the larger-sized screen used by tablets.

It is a pretty minor issue, and a cosmetic one at that, but ESET wants the experience of using ESET Mobile Security on a tablet to be as flawless as on a smartphone, so some additional time is being taken to address that issue.

The program itself, though, works just fine on a tablet and provides the same level of protection as on a smartphone, so if you do not mind some of the menus and buttons being overly large on a tablet-sized screen you can go ahead and protect your tablet. I like the larger-sized items because it makes it easier to select items but that is a personal preference.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. piranha

thanks for the information, i dont have smartphones or tablets but i like to know about Eset security product and talk about it to my buddy and friends ;)

will it have a different release for tablet only or Eset Mobile Security will detect smartphone or tablet and will displays ok ?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.