T10 wont restore & other errors

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Ianwb, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ianwb

Ianwb Registered Member

I installed T10 and did a test restore following a backup & I get the following message.
    E0004001A: Failed to restore file or folder 'Ian'.

Failed to restore file or folder. (0x4001A)
    Path = "C:\Documents and Settings\Ian",
    Hints = 1
    Tag = 0xA8A1022BD18AE29A
    Error opening the file. (0x40007)
    function = "CreateFileW",
    filename = "C:\Documents and Settings\Ian"
    Tag = 0xA8A1022BD18AE037
    The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (0xFFF0)
    code = FFFFFFFF80070020
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB821

Also I am unable to define the number of differential backups before the next full one as the wizard screen for Backup Policy just doesn't appear.

I decided to go back to my TI9 & that now has a runtime error. So the new version has completely left me unable to backup or restore effectively.
    Can anyone offer an advice? I have reported this the support but of course I wont get an answer till next week sometime.

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

If you have your bootable TI Rescue cd you can Recover one of the backups made before the TI 10 install attempt, can't you?

3. Ianwb

Ianwb Registered Member

Re: TI version 10 wont restore & other errors

I have been doing some testing on the problem & now get the following results.
    I still get the error message but the restore works & I get the message that it has completed successfully.
    If I try and do another restore it doesn't run at all. I have to reboot & run it again, so it appears I can only do one restore at a time and subsequent restores don't run.
    I have uninstalled and resinstalled but I get the same results.
    Do any of the experts out there have any idea what is happening?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: TI version 10 wont restore & other errors

Hello Ianwb,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please provide us with some additional information? Namely, please do the follwoing:

1) Please explain your step-by-step actions which you took that led you to this error. Please also send us a screen shot of the error, if possible.

2) What is the content of the backup archive and where did you restore the backup (original or new location)?

3) Please collect the full log file from Acronis True Image 10.0 Home that contains the error message. In order to do so please do the following:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the log with error messages;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

4) Create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

As for this question please take a look at post #9 of this thread that should answer your question.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.