T10 does not see my SATA drive.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by darrinps, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darrinps

darrinps Registered Member

I have a Windows XP SP2 installation with two hard drives. The first is an IDE and the second is a SATA.

Windows can see BOTH hard drives just fine.

When I go into T10, click on Manage Disks, then click on Clone (I want to clone my IDE to my SATA), I get a dialog box and click Next.

After I do that another dialog comes up that says "Unable to continue. You have only one drive. This program is designed to work with two or more drives."

If I then try clicking on Add New Disk, it analyses my new SATA drive for a few seconds then gives me the same error message.

Note that I can copy, delete, modify, etc. files on the new SATA drive JUST FINE in Windows File Explorer, so the drive is working.

It is just T10 that won't work with it.

Is there anything I can do to get this to work?

Thanks.

2. darrinps

Quick update:

I just tried to use the Secure Zone Wizard. For some reason, it can see my new SATA drive JUST FINE!

It's just the clone/add new portion of T10 that has trouble with it.

BTW, I've tried rebooting and that didn't help.

3. darrinps

Hold on...upon further review, it is the SATA that it sees and not the old IDE. The Secure Zone Wizard was only reporting that it saw the SATA drive.

Note that both the old IDE and the new SATA can be seen/used in Windows Explorer JUST FINE!

4. darrinps

FWIW, I just uninstalled, and reinstalled TI10...no change. Still sees my SATA drive but not my old IDE.

5. darrinps

So there is nothing that can be done?

Note that Norton Ghost (downloaded it in trial mode) can see both drives, but I'd rather not have to buy it too!

Should I try uninstalling TI10 and installing a downloaded version of TI9 maybe?

6. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

If you boot from the TI Recovery CD, what drives does it see?

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello darrinps,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (4940) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

In addition, please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, unpack the archive, install unpacked MSI package and see if the problem persists.

If the issue persists, please do the following in order to provide us with the information that will let us to investigate the issue and to provide you with a solution:

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the one from the downloaded SnapAPI archive;

- Reproduce the issue and collect the log file;

- Get the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Please keep both hard drives connected while creating Acronis Report.

Please also make a screen shot of Windows Disk Management by following Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management.

Please make a screen shot of the Device Tree application the way described in this previous post of mine.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.