T.I Corp Workstation Groups of Machines & Wireless networks

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by michealobrien, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michealobrien

michealobrien Registered Member

I hope the forum members can answer my questions

Is it possible to install the true image agents to multiple machines instead of one at a time?
    Can you manage the secure zone on multiple machines at once?
    How do you distribute images to the secure zone of machines?

Wireless networking
    Has anyone run into problems using T.I over a wireless network?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello michealobrien,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Yes, you are able to install several Acronis True Image Agents. Please note that you need to purchase as many licenses as the number of computers where Acronis True Image (local part) and/or Acronis True Image Agent are installed. You may install Acronis True Image Management Console on any number of computers without any limitations.

As for network, you will be able to use wireless network under Windows. However, current version of Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation doesn't support wireless network when you boot with Acronis Bootable CD. We expect this feature to be implemented in future.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. michealobrien

michealobrien Registered Member

Thanks for getting back
    Can you clear it something up for me.
    I would like to know not withstanding licences, can groups of remote machines be administered as I am only able to administer one remote machine at a time

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello michealobrien,

We regret to inform you that currently Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation doesn't allow you to perform tasks on several remote computers simultaneously. The only way is to connect to one computer, then disconnect from it and connect to another one. However, we are currently developing Group Task Wizard that will allow you to what you need.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Michael, I don't know if this is possible, but I have a somewhat similar problem: Managing multiple Unix servers - or rather: How to execute identical commands on several Unix servers.

My solution have been to install an SSH (Secure SHell) server on each server. SSH is like TELNET, except all the traffic is encrypted using personal public/private keys (PPK).

On my Windows laptop, I have installed Cygwin - a free Unix-like environment - and the SSH client. Once configured with the necessary PPK info, I can issue a command to an Unix server like this:
    Code:
    $ ssh username@servername "command parameter1 parameter2 parameter3..."
    Alternatively, if you don't feel like installing Cygwin (a quite large piece of software), install PuTTY and replace the ssh program with PuTTY's plink program:
    Code:
    C:> plink username@servername "command parameter1 parameter2 parameter3..."
    From there it is quite easy to create a CMD-file to execute the same command on several servers:
    Code:
    C:> set HOSTS=server1 server2 server3 server4
    C:> on-hosts "command parameter1 parameter2 parameter3..."
    (the on-hosts.cmd file would read something like this:
    Code:
    @ echo off
    for %%h in (%HOSTS%) do plink username@%%h %*
    )
    Now, the question is do your version (Corp Workstation) come with some Acronis True Image programs, e.g. trueimagexxxxx that you can execute from a command line??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.