T I 8.0 build 796 won't run...constant reboots

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dan409, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan409

dan409 Guest

Just purchased online yest. While installing if I choose the create bootable disc option WinXP pro will freeze up and then proceed to shutdown and reboot.
    I then installed again and skipped the create boot disc and it completed the installation. As per screen I then re-booted to complete installation. When WinXP came back up the T I icon was on my desktop.
    I proceded to run the program. Trying to run create image, Create bootable rescue media, etc etc will cause WinXP to quit running, shutdown and reboot.
    I have uninstalled, re-downloaded, ran the program (acronis checker) to verify that the download wasn't corrupt and it checked out fine. No matter what I have done so far the program continues to lock up and cause WinXP to restart... Any ideas of a solution to this problem would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks !!!

WinXp pro
    p-4 2.4 ghz
    gigabyte GA-8SQ800 sis655 chipset
    512k corsair ram
    IBM ata-100 40gb hardrive
    ATI radeon 9700
    roxio easy media creator7 also installed

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dan409,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Please do the following in order to enable mini-dumps.

- Open Computer properties either by right clicking on My Computer icon and choosing Properties or by opening System properties in Control Panel;
    - Go to Advanced tab;
    - Press Startup and Recover Settings button;
    - Choose Small memory dump in Write debugging information box;
    - Close all the dialog windows by clicking OK buttons.

Then please reproduce the system crash and send the mini-dumps created to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. dan409

dan409 Guest

Thanks for the quick reply...related files are on the way !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.