T.I. 10 or T.I. 11 - for a newbe

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Shmuel, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shmuel

Shmuel Registered Member

Dear professional users...
    I have on my system T.I. 10 and it seems to work fine backing up my stuff, never had the necessity to restore my backups. Right now, I am upgrading to a new and powerful PC, running XP pro. I have received a license for T.I. 11 from Acronis, but I hesitate if I should install it instead No. 10 or not. Reading the forum, it seems that more experienced users than me are having various troubles with v. 11. Can some experienced users of both versions of T.I. recommend if I should stay with v. 10 or move on to v. 11 ? Is No. 10 more stable ?
    Thanks in advance for your help.

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I have no trouble with either version. I find v11 seems to work better on more modern systems so i'd suggest you try v11 on your new computer. If it doesn't work you can easily uninstall that and install v10.

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If you have a choice of both, then try 11, if it gives you probs, then try 10.

Be sure to go through the steps of making bakcups and setting up a resatore, including a source and destination -- you don't have to actuall do a restore but go as far as picking the target drive to restore.

Also try a file by file backup.

If you plan to use incremental or differential backups, note that folks have been having problems getting scheduled tasks to run in 11 when using those.

4. Shmuel

Shmuel Registered Member

Thanks to both of you. I liked very much the option of "application settings" backup in v. 10, however, there is quite a limited number of applications on its list that it offers a backup of their settings. I wonder if version 11 contains a broader list of applications in this backing-up option.

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

If you make a full image of your systems drive from time to time you will not only have settings for ALL your applications but you will also have the installed applications as well. That is what I rely on.

Xpilot.

6. Shmuel

Shmuel Registered Member

Thanks, but right now I can not make an image of my system because my system does not function completely well, and I need to install all my programs again, starting with XP pro. Yet, few of my programs do function flawlessly, and some of them have hidden settings that I'll need to restore. Just like the case with Outlook Express. This is why I need an option to backup these programs with all their settings. Some of these settings are hidden in other directories which makes the task of backing them up manually quite tiresome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.