Systray Icon gone

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by psychokilla, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psychokilla

psychokilla Registered Member

Hi, Just wanted to report a bug in ESS. I'm running Beta 1 and it's been sweet so far but I noticed today that the icon is not appearing in the system tray, I have'nt changed any settings though.

Can I also ask, would it be possible to build a report tool into the actual program while the software is in beta? This way you could configure the tool to automatically capture the data you need.

2. IcePanther

IcePanther Registered Member

Hi,

Could you please double check in the task manager that the egui.exe process is running? If not, maybe the GUI just has crashed, and you can launch it again by the start menu shortcut. I agree, though, that if this is the case, it should restart itself, or, even better, not crash. That has happened once to me during testing.

3. psychokilla

psychokilla Registered Member

No, the program was definitely still running. I used the shortcut in the start menu and the suite popped right up without delay. You can see from the link below that the process is running and the suite on my other monitor but no icon in the systray. Not a major flaw I know but not great for accessibility.

http://www.vista-users.co.uk/other/systray.jpg

(I did try to include the image but it was far too big, so please click for separate window)

4. IcePanther

Indeed... it's a definite bug then, the icon shouldn't stop being here especially if the gui process is running. I can't help you much more then because it never happenedto me, butprobably someone from ESET will be able to help you more on this topic

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest to check if the ESS icon is not set to hide when inactive.

6. yaslaw

yaslaw Registered Member

I have the same issue. Rarly after boot eset icon is gone, but eset process are working. Definitly it's not problem with hidden icons in taskbar.

7. IcePanther

I may be wrong, but looking at the direction of the arrow in the taskbar on the screenshot psychokilla provided, the notification zone was "expanded" so even if the icon was set to hide when inactive, it should appear on the screenshot ?

8. jmc777

jmc777 Registered Member

I have this problem too. Could it have something to do with the fact that ESS doesn't have a name in the 'Customise Notification Icons' area? Even when ESS is set to 'Always show', Vista seems to think it's set to 'Hide when inactive' (Edit: Vista resets this setting to 'Hide when inactive' after every reboot).

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/8056/capturefq8.jpg

9. ugly

ugly Registered Member

Just happened to me for the first time since I trial this suite.o_O
    Maybe the last program update .....o_O

10. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

programmupdate??

I had this once but after restart all was fine again - xp2

Ruben

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.