System strain – AV4 or SS4?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4 Beta Forum' started by userNamed, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. userNamed

userNamed Registered Member

Hi forum

I am interested in ESET Smart Security and Antivirus' system resource strain (memory, processor, hard drive cache, etc.) How much memory does the two use? ... Or, to keep it short: Which one uses the least, and do you have some numbers to backup that claim?

I need a firewall and ESET's one is good. Unfortunately it is not perfect, so I am a little torn about whether to get the cheaper AV version instead of the full SS bundle.

Thanks in advance. (Will be used for purchase decision.)

2. well im no expert, but i have tried both of them. I am currently using the ESS V4 AND there is no noticeble increase in memory usage from the regular Nod 32 AV V4

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Re: System strain – AV4 or SS4?

Hello,

System resource usage depends upon a number of factors, including processor type, memory, operating system version and patch level and installed software.

ESET Smart Security consumes more resources than ESET NOD32 Antivirus because it includes additional functionality (the firewall and antispam modules).

Since both programs are currently in beta, minimum/recommended system requirements are not yet finalized.

What you may wish to do is try installing one of the beta test versions (or both, but not at the same time on the same system) to see how they work. If there is a performance issue with a specific facet of your operating environment it will be easier to address your feedback during the beta test cycle.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.