System Spyware Interrogator runtime error

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by peterNL, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peterNL

peterNL Registered Member

Hi there
    Recently an error started to appear each time i use Trisnap's SSI (System Spyware Interrogator) : "Runtime error 13 , type mismatch" . Program starts as usual but shortly after i get this error message. First i thought it was caused by the versions difference so i downloaded the new ver. 1.13.06 .Then it went ok, i mean the program ran correctly and everything seemed to be all right. Well, next time i started SSI - again , the same error... I downloaded another new version ( actuall one ) 1.13.19. Same thing - SSI ran ok but today when i started it, after short time i got the error message again... and i NEVER had this problem with SSI before, it all just started around a week ago. Does anybody know what is going wrong ? Is it only in my case or maybe somebody has the same problem with SSI since the last weeks ? I'll welcome ANY suggestions and appreciate ANY response to my question...

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Just now installed it Peter and can't be of much help since the scan was succesful with no errors.

3. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

A bit off topic but , did you notice how WRONG their comparison chart is ? And only a 1 week trial ? Hmmmm . I have to wonder if they are just stealing money from people who do not do their homework . Just sent up a red flag to me with the comparison chart is all . Hope it works for you though .;)

4. peterNL

as You see i'm new in here - Wilders Security Forums - so i didn't know how to respond to replies, either by "post replay" or by "quick reply". I saw that You were online so i've sent a pm but i guess it's not a regular way to communicate in here, right ? :) What's a difference between "post reply" and "quick reply" o_O
    I don't get it yet but it's just my SECOND message in here so i'll find it out ... i gues :)

5. peterNL

it was to Bubba ... my second message i mean.

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I don't get many so that wasn't a bother but yes it is best to respond directly in the thread for everyones benefit ;)
    You'll be a seasoned veteran before you know it :D

7. peterNL

What do You mean by that o_O

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2006
  8. peterNL

to hollywoodpc

SSI is a FREEWARE ! It's not bad , believe me. I use it for a while , a quite while , and i'm satisfied w/it. Not that SSI found any spyware-malware in my system, nope , but i find it rather accurate. I use a lot of different protection software : Lavasoft Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, Webroot SpySweeper (license), a-squared (license), SpywareBlaster, Bazooka, Hijack This, WinPatrol, avast (license) - as On-Access av, AntiVir + Bit Defender 8 + ClamWin - these 3 as On demand av ( one can never be too secure in these days, and i know what i'm saying - january 2005 my PC went down due to the spyware/malware so from then i prefer to be too protected than not enough :) ) further i use RegOrganizer (license), RFA (license), WinASO, Registrar Registry Manager Lite - for registry, and Fix-It Utilities (license), Ace Utilities (license), TuneUp Utilities 2006 - for PC maintenance, + CCleaner and Webroot Window Washer (license) - for quick cleaning. I have more programs but these above are my main line of protection & maintenance of my PC. Since my PC crashed in the beginning of last year i've tested approx. 100 programs-mainly from CNet download and Tucows- and from them i've picked up these above... and i use Firefox 1.5.1 of course , with SiteAdvisor & GooglePreview extensions ( i highly reccomend this extensions to everybody, especially SiteAdvisor!) and since a year i'm "clean" as a teardrop, my PC i mean :) but knock on wood ! Well, You may ask Yourself -hollywoodpc- why i write it all , because i'm kinda control freak.I have a lot of software but still, once a week i check the web for a new developments on the field of PC maintenance & protection. Not that i see something really interesting, RegRun NIVA-this one i like and think i'll buy it too but further i didn't find anything that at this moment could pull my attention. Today i saw the link You showed - Online Armor, i checked it and i have to admit i'm bloody curious. I'm gonna download the trial tonight and if IT REALLY works as they say it does then i'm absolutely gonna buy it ! Do You use this program ? Is it similar to Webroot SpySweeper or a-squared ? It's background guard i mean , is it heavy on resources ? SpySweeper is , and a-squared too often prompts/pops up when i start legitimate programs. How about this Online Armor ? Is it also so sensitive to everything ? It's guard i mean. I would appreciate Your comment on that before i install Online Armor... if You Use it of course.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2006
  9. peterNL

to Bubba

Bloody hell :) "seasoned veteran" You said ... well, not so soon ... right now i have to figure out HOW to paste a quote of somebody in my message :) Because as You can obviously see, it didn't work for me when i wrote to hollywoodpc
    :)
    regards ,
    peter

10. peterNL

oh **** :) LOL , it DID work out , LOL this quote

11. peterNL

No !!! YOU DID IT Bubba :) this quote ... thanks :)

Last edited by Bubba : Today at 09:21 AM. Reason: fixed quote tags

12. hollywoodpc

Hi peter and welcome .
    From what I see , it is a one week trial then payware . Just a onetime fee . Maybe you got it while it was offered free .

13. peterNL

hollywoodpc

Trisnap Anti-Spyware is a commercial product and indeed, the trial version is only for one week.
    Trisnap's SSI (System Spyware Interrogator) is on the other hand a completely FREE program. I guess You confused them w/each other.

regards
    peter

14. hollywoodpc

I must have .
    Thanks peter .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.