System Snapshot Corruption Problem

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by dionisiog, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dionisiog

dionisiog Registered Member

I've always thought the idea of taking a 'System Snapshot' was a good one. My main interest for this is after a clean system install, or before installation of a program which I am unfamilair with. I would, theoretically, should something go totally haywire be able to go to my trusty snapshot hoping to restore something back to my system which I might have lost.

For this reason I got into making a snapshot with Spyware Blaster after a fresh system install. I have never actually used one. It seems that everytime I have gone to Spyware Blaster and tried to take advantage of this feature I was told the file was corrupted. Hmmm. I was thinking to myself, what am I doing wrong? There were times when I was told that too many changes had been made. Other times when I attempted to use this feature I was simply told the file was corrupted. I figured that there must be a good explanation for this.

Today I attempted to make a snapshot of my system and thought I'd immediatly test the principle without having performed any other changes to my system. This means I would make a snapshot and then immediatly return to it and approach 'restoring' what essentially had not been changed... in fact what had just been stored in a snapshot. I again received the message: "File Corrupted". This happened each time I created a new snapshot.

What is the problem here? Or does system snapshot really work at all?

Thanks for your attention.

2. dionisiog

dionisiog Registered Member

Yep, Here I am replying to myself, or rather appropriately updating my original comment.

There are sometimes obvious things we should do when we encounter a problem. In the case of Spywareblaster which in general has been brainless and stressless and in general, a pleasure to use, sometimes these obvious second moves become obscure.

I have had multiple re-installations of my operating system over time yet I doubt I have ever completely deleted and re-installed the Spywareblaster directory. I probably simply re-installed over the original directory. It occurred to me that this might be long overdue, so I completely removed protections and after removing my old installtion in every way, re-installed with a new download of Spywareblaster. Wa-la ! Corruption problem appears to have been corrected.

Enough said?

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.