System Snapshot Corruption Problem

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by dionisiog, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dionisiog

dionisiog Registered Member

I've always thought the idea of taking a 'System Snapshot' was a good one. My main interest for this is after a clean system install, or before installation of a program which I am unfamilair with. I would, theoretically, should something go totally haywire be able to go to my trusty snapshot hoping to restore something back to my system which I might have lost.

For this reason I got into making a snapshot with Spyware Blaster after a fresh system install. I have never actually used one. It seems that everytime I have gone to Spyware Blaster and tried to take advantage of this feature I was told the file was corrupted. Hmmm. I was thinking to myself, what am I doing wrong? There were times when I was told that too many changes had been made. Other times when I attempted to use this feature I was simply told the file was corrupted. I figured that there must be a good explanation for this.

Today I attempted to make a snapshot of my system and thought I'd immediatly test the principle without having performed any other changes to my system. This means I would make a snapshot and then immediatly return to it and approach 'restoring' what essentially had not been changed... in fact what had just been stored in a snapshot. I again received the message: "File Corrupted". This happened each time I created a new snapshot.

What is the problem here? Or does system snapshot really work at all?

Thanks for your attention.

2. dionisiog

dionisiog Registered Member

Yep, Here I am replying to myself, or rather appropriately updating my original comment.

There are sometimes obvious things we should do when we encounter a problem. In the case of Spywareblaster which in general has been brainless and stressless and in general, a pleasure to use, sometimes these obvious second moves become obscure.

I have had multiple re-installations of my operating system over time yet I doubt I have ever completely deleted and re-installed the Spywareblaster directory. I probably simply re-installed over the original directory. It occurred to me that this might be long overdue, so I completely removed protections and after removing my old installtion in every way, re-installed with a new download of Spywareblaster. Wa-la ! Corruption problem appears to have been corrected.

Enough said?

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.